Folk Songs and Hymns for 2019-2020


The past year I have been collecting some amazing books that will be the spine for our folk songs and hymns.  I sat down to plan out the year and type the lyrics in for our Morning Basket Menu and wanted to share the list with you and links to recordings! (I'll try to make a post about our menu at a later date!  My friend bulk ordered a bunch of restaurant menus so we can put in our scripture, songs, art, etc. to study for each term!)

First of all, the folk song collection that I have and love is "The Fireside Book of Folk Songs" - it is beautifully illustrated and is a wonderful collection of folk songs around the world!

The hymn book we are using is "Hymns for a Kid's Heart Volume 1."  I love the stories used within each hymn that brings a wonderful devotion time to our hymn singing each month!


To download and print a PDF of the lyrics for each month click here!

August:
Folk: One More Day

Hymn: How Firm a Foundation


September:
Folk: The Young Voyageur/En roulant ma boule

Hymn: O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing

or


October:
Folk: Bendemeer's Stream

Hymn: Rejoice, Ye Pure in Heart


November:
Folk: Alouette
Hymn: Take My Life and Let it Be

December:
Folk: Shine Like a Star in the Morning
Hymn: Silent Night

January:
Folk: Johnny Has Gone for a Soldier
Hymn: The Lord's My Shepherd I'll Not Want

February:
Folk: O Let Me Fly
Hymn: Our God in Help of Ages Past

March:
Folk: Green Grow the Rushes
Hymn: This is My Father's World

April:
Folk: Green Grow the Lilacs
Hymn: Eternal Father, Strong to Save


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Dance

Burgess Bird Resources

Christmas Around the World - December Term