Moon books (Harvest Moon)





 The September full moon is extra special for our family because we love learning about Chinese culture and mooncakes sound soooooo delicious! I have students from China that show me their beautiful cakes and talk about how yummy they are.  This year, I was able to find an online link to purchase a sampler of various flavored moon cakes! I can't wait to try them this weekend!

We are lucky that many of the books recommended below are available with our library. I'm looking forward to checking them out!

In addition to picture books, you might be interested in doing a nature study with your kids!
Outdoor Challenge Moon Study




































 










Books about the moon relating to Chinese stories (The Mid-Autumn Festival celebrates the Harvest Full Moon.)


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Dance

Burgess Bird Resources

Christmas Around the World - December Term