Term 3 Hymn and Folk/composer

Making our music playlist for our hymns, folk songs, and composers is one of my favorite Friday night activities! The kids and daddy are downstairs having pizza movie night and I get to geek out on all the wonderful music that we will listen to for the rest of the 2018/2019 school year! The beauty of spreading this feast is found in daily life when my daughter is singing one of the songs as she plays with dolls, or my son uses the lyrics to a folk song to help narrate a story from his history reading! It all comes together beautifully at the "table" and if you are not using music as part of your daily school life I hope you will give it a try!

Composer 


The composer this term is Fauré who is a French composer from the late 1800s to early 1900s. I truly appreciate the free education that can be found for busy moms and encourage you to listen to podcasts about composers and artists as you plan your term for your kids!  I love sharing my favorites with you and if you click this link you can hear more about the life of Fauré and some of his famous pieces.  I loved learning more about the "salon" culture in Paris at this time and it makes me so thankful for my friends that meet together to discuss the CM volumes, do something creative like a painting party, or spend time together in nature!  It reminds of the Proverb that "iron sharpens iron!"  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at some of these fancy parties with writers, philosophers, and composers!

The works we will study this term are:

1. Pavane


2. Élégie Op. 24


3. Piano Quartet No. 1, Op. 15 in C Minor: Allegro molto


4. Cantique de Jean Racine Op 11


5. Sanctus (from Requiem, op. 48)


6. Dolly ~ Suite For Orchestra Op. 56


(Bonus because I have the sheet music and enjoy playing it for my kids! Gabriel Fauré, Romance Without Words, Op. 17, No. 3


Hymns

What Wondrous Love


Saviour Like Shepherd Lead Us

All Creatures of Our God and King


Folk songs


Sweetly Sings the Donkey


Cumberland Gap


John Henry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Dance

Burgess Bird Resources

Christmas Around the World - December Term