Four Thanksgiving Songs


 

As we gather together with family and friends for Thanksgiving in our homeschool community I was thinking about a song we could sing all together during our celebrations! We have 2 "Friendsgivings" coming up as well as our own family celebration this month.

Here are four songs that you can enjoy this month! Maybe add one to your morning time each day this month! Click the link with each title to listen to the song!

1. Thanksgiving Nature Song

The first song that came to mind is our Thanksgiving Song that we sing each month at our Nature Adventure! This is a melody I wrote to go along with the Ralph Waldo Emerson poem.


2. The Doxology

I will forever be thankful to my mom who taught me to sing the Doxology every time we gathered the produce from our garden each season! It will always have a place in my heart as a prayer of Thanksgiving to God for his blessings!


3. For the Beauty of the Earth

As the student conductor of the childrens' chroale I worked with in college I became familiar with the John Rutter arrangement of his version on the classic hymn. The arrangement can be heard here. The classic hymn can be heard here and the music below.



This is the classic Thanksgiving Hymn that is sung at many gatherings and churches. This article gives information about the composer and history of the hymn.


If you gather for Thanksgiving with friends or family this year I hope you will enjoy some of these songs with those you love and reflect on the blessings in your life!

-RaeAnna





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Dance

Burgess Bird Resources

Christmas Around the World - December Term