Last Summer Hurrah - Kentucky Kingdom

I had to get on and post another travel log concerning our adventure in Kentucky this weekend!!!  If I ever were to choose a different profession I think travel writer or travel agent would be my top pick!
My sister-in-law had the amazing idea to do one last hurrah before school started and we threw around ideas for several Tennessee places but when she said "What about Kentucky Kingdom" I thought that would be a super fun little trip!


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RaeAnna Goss (@sewingmamaraeanna) on
The park closed in 2010 and reopened in 2014 with new branding and a freshening up of the park and it really shows!  The grounds were very clean and the park was well laid out!  The inclusion of a water park reminded me of my childhood going to Michigan Adventure!

The deal we were able to grab on Groupon was two days for the price of one!

We arrived around 12:30pm and spent all afternoon in the water park!  The kids had an absolute blast and so many of the attractions were the perfect age for our kids (10, 7, 6.)


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by RaeAnna Goss (@sewingmamaraeanna) on
Instead of getting food in the park while everything was closing, we ordered food to take to our hotel room and found amazing food at a local Mediterranean Restaurant!  The Mirage special is enough to feed 4!

Our hotel was the Crown Plaza right next to the interstate and the park!  The location was perfect! The rooms were ok - if you do stay there, make sure to sign up for the IHG customer loyalty program first.  We spent like $20 extra dollars for a suite that was 2 rooms!  That made the value truly worth it!  One room had two queen beds and the suite was a room with a large dining room table with 6 chairs, a fold out couch, 2 arm chairs and an extra bathroom!

Contrary to all of our other trips this summer to experience nature or history, this was purely entertainment!!!  Well, I guess our Sea Lion show was educational! Haha!

It was Christian's favorite part of the trip.  Another thing that I really loved to notice was how interested Christian was in reading the map and planning our rides!  I love that he is enjoying maps!
We had a great time and look forward to exploring next year!  When I thought about how much money it costs to go to the County Fair to ride all the rides, I actually think a trip to Kentucky Kingdom is a better value! 

Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Dance

Burgess Bird Resources

Christmas Around the World - December Term