Some Thanksgiving Thoughts

I love holidays and with my kids being 1st and 3rd grade there is so much learning that can happen with living books as we approach holidays and festivals!

Thanksgiving is tricky sometimes because of our traditions of whitewashing and watering down facts that led up to the "first Thanksgiving dinner."

I read a great blog post here that gives a review on many popular children's Thanksgiving books.  I encourage you to give it a read!

I also wanted to share some pictures of our history book (Countries and Their Children) that we are using for Form 1.  This was our reading yesterday and both my kids did an incredible job narrating!  I love the author's point of view in many of these chapters.




 



 Overall I feel like this book did a balanced job of giving an accurate snapshot of history for kids. My 3rd grader is also reading "The Landing of the Pilgrims" (A Landmark Book) and we're enjoying the "historical fiction" of this novel!  If you have a favorite Thanksgiving book I would love to hear about it!

Also, if you're interested in the "Countries and Their Children" you can find about the editor and series in this post!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Folk Dance

Burgess Bird Resources

Christmas Around the World - December Term